Gather all the complete and necessary information to apply and make sure if it is necessary to recognize any degree or diploma.
Some documents you may need:
- Application form;
- Secondary education leaving certificate, or legally equivalent qualification
- Results of final exams of secondary education corresponding entrance exams
- Evidence of physical, functional or vocational skills, if required
- ID card or passport
- Other Diplomas or Degrees, as well as the grades and academic background
- Health insurance or European Health Insurance Card
- Visa or Residence Permit
- Official translation of documents or recognition by the Portuguese diplomatic or consular representation in your country
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or individual Portfolio
- Motivation letter
- Language skills proof
- For PHDs Short draft for a Doctoral thesis project
The academic year is divided in two semesters, the first starting in September and ending in January/February, and the second starting between February and June/July.
- Christmas (25th of December)
- Break between semesters
- Carnival (around 1,5 month before Easter)
- Easter (between March and April)
- Summer (July and August)
Applications for the national contest for the 1st cycle (Licenciatura and Mestrado integrado), usually take place between July and August. There is a second phase of this contest, in September, for available vacancies and a third phase in October.
Applications for the other cycles take place in the dates and with the requisites indicated by the higher education institutions.